Aberdeen Welfare Rights
Aberdeen Welfare Rights is a free, expert and confidential service provided by Aberdeen City Council for residents of Aberdeen City. The service offers advice and representation on all aspects of Social Security benefit entitlement.
- Advice and advocacy services
- Help with form filling and letter writing (DLA/PIP/ESA/ESA50 etc).
- Links with a number of other advice / information centres across Aberdeen, some of them run by voluntary organisation
- Personal Interviews can be arranged if the problem is too complex to be dealt with over the telephone. For people who are housebound or would have difficulty visiting the office, home visits can be arranged.
- Representation at appeal tribunals
- Specialist advice on all aspects of Social Security benefits, Council Tax, Housing Benefits and Tax Credits
- Talks to organisations throughout Aberdeen
- Training courses on Social Security benefits are provided for both volunteers and professionals
Opening times and contacts
- Contact via telephone or email in the first instance
- Monday – Friday 9.00 am – 5.00pm
- Advice Line open Monday – Friday 9.30am – 12.30pm on 01224 523203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are unable to deal with drop-ins at Marischal College
- Valerie Alexander
Business Hub 1
Lower Ground West
Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
Phone: 01224 523203 (Advice Line)
Fax: (01224) 522450