Scottish Borders Council’s Welfare Benefits and Money Advice Service is located within Social Work as part of Housing Strategy and Services.
who can access the service?
All citizens of the Scottish Borders can access this free service.
what do we provide?
- Advice, information and assistance in claiming relevant benefits and tax credits, which can be undertaken by phone, at your home, or at an office local to you.
- Advocacy and representation at tribunals and to the Social Security Commissioner.
- Money advice and debt counselling service
- Talks and advice sessions in local communities
- Training and support to SBC staff and others to raise awareness
how to access our service
Call us on : 01896 849802
Fax: 01896 849803