South Ayrshire Council
The Enquiry & Information Team and Welfare Rights provide a free service giving benefits advice, assistance to complete forms, income maximisation and representation at appeals to all South Ayrshire residents. The Enquiry and Information Team also take new referrals for social work services and give advice on various issues.
All initial contact should be through the Enquiry & Information Team on Tel: 0300 123 0900 or email enquiryandinformationteam.kylestreet.
The Enquiry and Information team will help you with any
- Benefit checks
- Assistance with benefit claim forms
- Advice on Social Work Services
- General Money Advice
- Referral to Specialist Teams such as Occupational Therapy Services or Community Care
If your claim to benefit has been unsuccessful or you need more specialised assistance you will be referred on to see a Welfare Rights Officer.
Welfare Rights Officers
They will help with
- Advice on complex benefit issues
- Representation at appeals or reviews
- Training/briefing on Social Security Benefits
- Campaigns to encourage benefits take-up
We may be able to offer you an appointment at your home if you are housebound or at a convenient Social Work Office.
Social Work Offices
- Whitletts Area Centre, 181 Whitletts Road, AyrKA8 0JQ Tel: 01292 267675
- BiggartHospital, 1 Biggart Road, Prestwick, KA9 2HQ Tel: 01292 470099
- Maybole Area Office, 70C High Street, MayboleKA19 7BZ Tel: 01655 883293
- Girvan Area Office, 17/19 Knockcushan Street, Girvan KA26 9AG Tel: 01465 712299